Industrial Ecology and Cleaner Production
Partner University: Zittau/Goerlitz University of Applied Sciences (HSZG University)Place of Study: Russia, Germany
Outcome (diploma or credits): Master of Science (ITMO University), Master of Science (HSZG University)
Duration: 2 years (120 credits)
Application Deadline: 15 July 2019
Admission Requirements: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in the field of ecology, industrial ecology, environmental protection, environmental safety, chemical engineering, thermal engineering or relevant. For admission to the partner university, IELTS or TOEFL may be required*
Annual Tuition Fee: 219 000 Rub for Russian students, 239 000 Rub for foreign students (the fee noted is for the first year at ITMO, the fee for the second year will be set by the Partner University)
Career Options: the graduates will be able to work in the fields of environmental management and audit, energy management, waste waters treatment, waste management, environmental assessment as well as environmental engineers within both the public and private sectors. Future employers could be municipal wastewater companies, industrial companies, certification bodies, environmental laboratories or environmental consultant firms.
Benefits of the Program:
- The Program is focused on implementation of the principles of industrial ecology and cleaner production to prevent environmental pollution and provide for sustainable consumption of energy and other resources.
- Energy- and resource efficiency is considered at the level of technological processes, companies, industries, products or services. Particular attention is paid to the issues of environmental protection, sustainable waste management, recovery and reuse of useful components from waste, implementation of the principle of industrial symbiosis and implementation of the best available techniques for waste management.
- The program implements several international projects in cooperation with partner foreign universities and leading companies of the region. Students receive skills of the future profession, learn the experience of Russian and foreign environmental specialists.
- The program provides possibility for building individual study trajectories based on students’ personal interests, advanced laboratory equipment, professional software and innovative problem based educational technologies.
- Innovative education approaches give students general view of the entire production chain - from idea to finished product or service.
- The program will help students receive a general picture of the company's resources flows and how these are made more efficient, thus preventing environmental pollution.
- Students will also gain knowledge within integrated management - quality, environment and energy management systems, which are important for the governance and development of modern companies.
Content of the Program
- The institutional framework for sustainable development
- Methods and devices for eco-analytical research
- New energy and resource saving processes in food and biotechnological productions
- Processes and technologies of segregating and deep cleaning of contaminated environs
- Modern management systems based on international standards
- Theory and practice of using renewable energy sources
- Organization of cleaner production
- Best available techniques in industry
- Corporate environmental management
- Environmental design and life cycle assessment
- Environmental audit
Zittau/Goerlitz University of Applied Sciences
- Environmental protection in companies
- Occupational Health and Safety Assessment
- Energy systems of the future
- Basics in Energy Engineering and Power plant Engineering
- Theory-Praxis-Transfer: understanding and analysis of Management systems
- Quality Management Systems/Quality Assurance
- Environmental Management Systems
- Software Applications
- Quantitative Environmental Assessment of Products
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Management Systems/Energy Audits/ Energy efficiency
- Auditing and Integration of Management Systems
- Intensive weeks/ Research seminars
- Internships in companies
- Master thesis preparation and defense.
*The applicants are required to pass entrance examination successfully.
The list of entrance examination questions
How to apply?
To apply, please follow our step-by-step application guide.
Want to enroll at ITMO without entrance examinations or tuition fees? Learn more about our contests and competitions that will give you this amazing opportunity!
ITMO International Admission Office