Strategic Academic Units
Strategic Academic Units (SAUs) are aimed at focusing expertise and resources of ITMO University on finding solutions for the problems facing society today and into the future.
Each SAU is concentrated on specific areas of knowledge and integrates multiple Departments, Chairs, International Research Centers, Labs, Project Offices, R&D Centers and Interdisciplinary Clusters of the university into one overall system.
Three areas of focus
- Translational Information Technologies
- Computer Technologies and Controls
Facts & Figures
- The three SAUs serve over 70% of ITMO University students and engage over 50% of University staff and faculty.
- 28 of the 49 international educational programs at the university are offered within the SAUs.
- The number of publications in international scientific journals and the average citation rates per researcher working in SAUs are 1.5-2 times higher than the university’s average.