Camp in Optical Image Modelling and Processing
Partner University: ITMO UniversityPlace of Study:
Outcome (diploma or credits): Knowelege about optical image formation and processin Ways to improve optical image quality Experience in creating optical image software by your own The certificate showing the number of earned ECTS credits.
Duration: 4 weeks
Application Deadline: 20 January 2016
Admission Requirements: Bachelor level students in respective fields (3rd year and up) aster and PhD students
Price: 370 euro for a person (To be confirmed)Group of 3-7 (To be confirmed)Special conditions for leading partner universities apply
This summer camp includes lectures and labs devoted optical imaging theory and basic principles of image processing. Projects are includes optical image modeling and optical image processing in C++ programming language.
- Basics of electromagnetic theory. Maxwell’s equations and the wave equation. Imaging theory. Diffraction.
- Mathematical description and algorithms of image forming at coherent, incoherent and partial coherent illumination.
- Image quality parameters. Aberrations. PSF. MTF.
- The simulation of the image formation in coherent, incoherent and partially coherent light.
- Modeling of the influence of various factors on the optical image and its quality.
- Digital optical image registration and coding. Basics digital image processing.
- Geometrical, arithmetic and logical image transformations. Image filtering and image recovery.
Included in price
Academic content and support materials, thematic tours