Research Camp in Photonics
Partner University: ITMO UniversityPlace of Study: ITMO University
Outcome (diploma or credits): ITMO official certificate, 3 ECTS credits
Duration: 2 weeks (26 May 2018 - 10 June 2018)
Application Deadline: 01 April 2018
Admission Requirements: Bachelor level students in respective fields (3rd year and up) Master and PhD students
Price: € 400
Photonics could be applied in many fields, including medicine, pharmacy, security systems and data transfer. It is also essential while struggling against counterfeiting, verifying artworks authenticity and so on. If you are that kind of a person who is trying to make the world a better place, don’t miss a chance to attend the Research Camp in Photonics.
The camp incorporates a list of 10 research topics of your choice in the area of photonics from top level experts.
The list of possible research topics:
- Experimental ultrafast quantum key distribution for secure metropolitan area networks.
- Long-distance (up to 300km) quantum communication systems.
- Optimization of experimental subcarrier wave quantum cryptography setups for using different types of single photon detectors.
- Operational software development for quantum communication devices.
- Development/simulation of terahertz devices (filters, sensors, generators) with tunable characteristics on basis of graphene layers
- Development of terahertz spectrometers/imaging devices.
- Terahertz imaging of hidden text
- Data acquisition optimization of TDS system
- THz generation in laser-induced micro-plasma
- THz generation in crossed-beam laser-induced plasma
- Propagation of THz radiation in bio-tissues. Numerical simulation.
- Spectral peculiarities and optical properties of bio-tissues and bio-cells in THz frequency range.
- Investigation of spectral and optical properties of artificial media "metamaterials" (artificial dielectrics, artificial magnetics, left-handed media, photonic crystals, chiral media, etc.)
- Development/simulation of optical devices on basis of transformation optics (cloaking devices, waveguides, polarizators, beam splitters, etc.)
- Holographic multiwavelength phase imaging
International Admission Office