Control of Cyber-Physical Systems
Partner University: ITMO UniversityPlace of Study: ITMO University
Outcome (diploma or credits): Master of Science (ITMO University)
Duration: 2 Years, 120 credits
Application Deadline: 15 July 2019
Admission Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in the field of automatic control, system analysis, data processing, or equivalent field, with excellent/good grades; upper-intermediate level of English*
Annual Tuition Fee: 219 000 rubles for Russian students, 239 000 rubles for international students
Career options: there is an ocean of opportunities out there for skilled professionals in automatic control systems and systems analysis. Our graduates work as research engineers, system analysts, and developers in scientific centers, navigation companies, marine, automobiles, and aviation industries, as well as in such fields as robotics and digital technologies.
In a world where technologies develop at an increasingly fast pace, finding a stable and rewarding job is quite a challenge. The only way to keep up with the changing market and achieve professional and financial success is to become an expert in the field that will remain relevant for decades to come. Control of cyber-physical systems will definitely play a significant role in the global economy for many years ahead.
This is an interdisciplinary field. Cyber-physical systems (CPS) are used everywhere: household and industrial automation, automobiles, mechatronics and robotics, navigation, aviation and so on.
- offers an individual track based on students’ specialization;
- develops the understanding of modern trends and challenges in CPS control and the ability to solve various research and real-life tasks using a wide range of methods and approaches;
- provides students with deep knowledge of control theory and algorithms;
- teaches students to use modern information technologies in control algorithms design;
- gives insights into international developments in the field of CPS control; prepares students for research in the world’s leading institutions, companies, and agencies;
- develops creative and non-standard approaches to control algorithms design;
- improves teamwork and communication skills;
- trains qualified researchers and university lecturers who ready to participate in R&D projects, as well as share their knowledge with students.
The students will:
- create a scientific and technological foundation for modern cyber-physical systems aimed at facilitating analysis, transfer and processing of information in modern technologies;
- learn to develop new methods, mathematical models and control algorithms;
- acquire deep knowledge in the field of CPS;
- learn to use information technologies in professional activities.
*The applicants are required to pass entrance examination successfully.
ITMO International Admission Office