Information and Communication Technologies
Partner University: Lappeenranta University of TechnologyPlace of Study: Russia, Finland
Outcome (diploma or credits): Master of Science (ITMO University) Master of Science (Lappeenranta University of Technology)
Duration: 2 Years, including two semesters in LUT, 120 credits
Application Deadline: 01 July 2018
Admission Requirements: Bachelor's degree in the fields of IT, Communications or equivalent with good/excellent grades. Upper-intermediate level of English. For admission to the partner university IELTS or TOEFL may be required.
Price: 199 000 RUR for Russian students, 219 000 RUR for foreign students (the fee noted is for the first year at ITMO, the fee for the second year will be set by the Partner University)
Career Options: software developers and developers of next-generation ICT systems, ICT engineers for leading business-corporations, scientific and research institutions and design organizations in numerous industries (electronic engineering, space engineering, nuclear industry, military sector and others).
Information and Communication Technologies have become crucial in the information age era both for business and for our daily lives. That is why the graduates of the Master’s Program in Information and Communication Technologies are highly demanded both at commercial ICT companies and at research centers dealing with software design, advances ICT systems development and system integration and management of technological projects.
The program is for those who
- strive to gain up-to-date knowledge, skills and capabilities which are essential for ICT experts
- would like to take a chance to have internships at the leading Russian and international ICT companies and to acquire hands-on experience in development and implementation of advanced ICT technologies
- and most importantly – for those who are ready to be a part of immersive, hands-on learning and research work along with the top experts in IT from ITMO University and Lappeenranta University of Technology.
The students will learn
- how to develop various types of software using modern programming technologies and organize network and IT-infrastructure using virtualization;
- fundamental concepts of modern computer systems design and programming, including requirements specifications, architectural and detailed design, and implementation;
- to design and implement relational and post-relational databases and cloud technologies;
- to masterfully administrate Windows, Unix and CISCO networks
The key disciplines
- Software of Control and Embedded Systems
- Database Design and Implementation
- Simulation and Optimization Methods in Infocommunications
- Theory of Infocommunication System and Networks Construction
- Design and Implementation of Distributed Systems
- Systems and Networks Construction
- Networks and Communication Systems
- Project Management in Infocommunication Systems
- Running a Software Project
- Research Methods in Software Engineering
- User and Design Research in Software Engineering
- Models and Methods of Software Engineering
Anton S. Suprun, Department of Network and Cloud Technologies