Chemoinformatics and Molecular Modeling
Partner University: University of StrasbourgPlace of Study: Russia, France
Outcome (diploma or credits): Master of Science (MSc) in applied informatics (major - chemoinformatics and molecular modeling) from ITMO University. Master of Science (MSc) in chemoinformatics from the University of Strasbourg.
Duration: 2 Years (120 credits) including 1-2 semesters at the University of Strasbourg.
Application Deadline: 01 July 2018
Admission Requirements: Bachelor's degree in chemistry or equivalent with good/excellent grades. Upper-intermediate level of English. Basic level of French (preferable). For admission to the partner university IELTS or TOEFL may be required.
Price: 199 000 Rub for Russian students, 219 000 Rub for foreign students (the fee noted is for the first year at ITMO, the fee for the second year will be set by the Partner University)
Career Options: specialists in genetic counseling in family planning, embryo screening after IVF, prenatal and neonatal diagnostics of hereditary diseases, routine diagnosis of tumors and more.
Today Сhemoinformatics is rapidly gaining popularity among “young minds” as well as representatives of different companies. Would you like to become an ingenious scientist who is able to decipher human genome and reveal the secrets of the human body functioning? If yes, this program is for you!
Chemoinformatics is one of the promising directions in Information Science dealing with storage and transfer of data in biological systems. With rapidly developing science and technologies, the global market demands more experts in such high-tech industries as computational pharmacology, computer-aided drug development, tailor-made molecular structures design and big data processing and visualization.
Furthermore, the development of medicines is becoming more relevant. If sixty-seventy years ago chemists used to do it based on their personal experience, nowadays we can and we should learn how to automate this process.
- focuses on training top quality professionals willing to pursue their career in the sphere of modern pharmacology and computerized drug design;
- offers an opportunity to take internships at the leading international biomedical companies and research centers;
- includes a practice-oriented seminar for the students and visiting leading enterprises in the field of chemoinformatics and molecular modeling;
- provides access to state-of-the-art research facilities of ITMO University and the University of Strasbourg;
- allows the students to use a powerful server and Schrodinger and Gaussian licensed software to develop their projects under the guidance of qualified professionals who are always ready to help.
Content of the Program
- Molecular chemistry
- Optical spectroscopy
- Material Science
- Kinetics and Thermodynamics
- Operating systems and networks
- Data mining
- Drug design
- Structural biology and modeling
- Quantum chemistry
ITMO International Admission Office