Physics and Technology of Nanostructures
Partner University: Aalto UniversityPlace of Study: Russia, Finland
Outcome (diploma or credits): Master of Science (ITMO University), Master of Science (Aalto University)
Duration: 2 Years, including two semesters in the Aalto University, 120 credits
Application Deadline: 01 July 2018
Admission Requirements: Bachelor's degree in IT, Communications or equivalent with good/excellent grades. Upper-intermediate level of English. For admission to the partner university IELTS or TOEFL may be required*
Price: 219 000 Rub for Russian students, 239 000 Rub for foreign students (the fee noted is for the first year at ITMO, the fee for the second year will be set by the Partner University)
Career Options: Nanoengineers and Nanotechnologists at high-tech industrial companies in the fields of electronics, instrument-making, nano industry and other knowledge-intensive industries, both in Russia and abroad.
Would you like to build an exciting career in the rapidly growing field of nanostructures? Do you want to work hand in hand with the world's leading scientists and gain hands-on research in this perspective area? Then this Program is for you!
Benefits of the Program
- Wide range of elective courses for building individual study track based on personal interests
- World-class professors from ITMO and Aalto Universities
- Advanced lab equipment, special software appliances, and innovative educational technologies
- Unique opportunities for research, academic career, and international cooperation
- A unique blend of theoretical knowledge and practical experience for a successful career in the field of nanotechnologies worldwide
- provides a high level of understanding of physics and engineering disciplines, such as Photonics, Nanotechnology, Optoinformatics, Microfabrication, Practical use of Nanostructures, etc.;
- focuses on research and development of nanomaterials, nanostructures, micro- and nanosystems, as well as micro- and nanodevices. The objects of the study are semiconductor and metal nanoparticles, semiconductor quantum wells and threads, fullerenes, nanotubes, graphene, molecular complexes, doped semiconductor materials and liquid crystals.
- lets the students be deeply involved in research and hands-on project work under the supervision of the most prominent researchers in the fields of synthesis, discrimination and practical application of quantum nanostructures of various types in optoelectronics, photonics, biology, and medicine;
- offers research opportunities at ITMO Center of Information Optical Technology Lab and Aalto University Micronova Center for design, development, and fabrication of micro- and nanosystems and the largest cleanroom facilities in Scandinavia. The students have an excellent opportunity to participate in fascinating and relevant laboratory and hands-on project work supported by advanced scientific equipment of leading firms, namely, powerful laser systems; scanning, electron, and atomic force microscopes; spectral analysis equipment and numerous optical research setups.
Content of the Program
Aalto University, Helsinki
- Photonics and integrated optics
- Materials and Microsystems integration
- Microscopy of nanomaterials
- Materials for electronics
- Laboratory courses
- Physics of nanostructures
- Optical processes in nanostructures
- Methods of information
- Processing in photonics
- Condensed matter physics
- Physics of Metallic Nanostructures
- Foreign language (Russian/English)
- Research Seminar
- Master Thesis defense
*The applicants are required to pass entrance examination sucessfully.