The project is aimed at the development and pilot implementation of delivering two socially significant municipal services through electronic channels. Municipal archives of Russia/Estonia border towns(Narva, Kingisepp, Slantsy) have been connected into one network, providing on-line services to citizens.
Project involved seven partner groups:
- e-Governance Academy Foundation
- eGovernment Center of ITMO University
- International Association „e-Signature Without Borders”
- Narva BAS Foundation
- Kingisepp region municipality
- Slantsy region municipality
- Narva municipality
The project was launched in June 2013 to createuser-friendly public services for citizens on both sides of the border.
Electronic services providing information on death and employment records of municipal archives in Narva, Slantsy and Kingisepp have been selected for prototyping of electronic cross-border exchange system. The prototypes have been tested, approved and recommended for practical implementation and further dissemination.
The project’s implementation consisted of the following stages:
- Design of solution’s architecture including related regulations, administrative processes, data structure, ICT architecture and users´ competences
- Conversion of data into e-format (query-based)
- Storage of data for processing
- Training of 100+ officials and archive specialists from partner municipalities within 6 training courses of e-archive services
- Making of methodological handbook in 3 languages for target groups
- Providing of 16 archivists with personalized test ID cards and ID-card readers issued by the Estonian Certification Centre for digital use
- Launch of the pilot version for testing and evaluating by the target groups
The result of the system’s implementation: