Institute of International Development and Partnership
Institute of International Development and Partnership
ITMO University as a top-tier Russian research university clearly demonstrates its global character in areas of academic cooperation from research to teaching and student exchange.
Institute of International Development and Partnership (IIDP) bridges ITMO University with the international community.
Head of Institute, Daria Kozlova, PhD and IIDP Offices and Departments are responsible for implementing the global strategic goals of ITMO, fostering international partnerships in research and education and enhancing University visibility worldwide.
IIDP Offices and Departments
International Educational Programs Department (IEPD) is the first port of call for prospective international students and scholars at ITMO University. IEPD facilitates international recruitment and is responsible for the majority of international education activities, exchange programs and international research groups for foreign students and scholars as well as outward mobility activities for Russian students.
It implements ITMO University’s internationalization strategies through actively seeking and engaging new foreign partner institutions, establishing academic and research relationships, hosting foreign delegations at ITMO and managing foreign representative offices.
To date, it has been instrumental in launching and coordinating over 50 joint programs, with the number growing every year. It also develops new forms of collaboration through new program formats to meet the most current demands of the marketplace.
International Educational Programs Department
- coordinates and supports research and teaching collaboration activities established at the faculty, institute and chair levels
- collaborates with online recruiting platforms
- facilitates the process of students gaining international academic experience by developing relationships with university international academic partners worldwide and through state bilateral agreements
- initiates and supports joint research projects or research groups
- participates in key education and research markets, major international education fairs and annual networking conferences in Europe, North America, China and India
- acts as the first port of call for delegations and visitors from other countries and establishes contacts between international visitors and both academics and students at ITMO
- operates an office in Brussels, with the goal of raising the profile of ITMO education and research programs and of expanding relations with European universities and research institutes.
ITMO University Internationalization Department
- How to make ITMO University recognizable and memorable among hundreds of universities?
- How to help ITMO University place well in the leading education rankings?
- How to spread the word about our education programs, unique research and innovations projects to anyone interested?
- How to motivate, guide and support initiatives by staff and students of ITMO University in building international relations? How to help them find a common language, literally and figuratively, with their peers from other countries and universities?
All these issues fall into the competency of ITMO University’s Internationalization Department.
The Department was created to support and implement ITMO’s strategic plans for international development, promotion and reputation establishment among the world-leading universities.
Its initiatives and projects follow directions of development: external and internal.
Internal development is aimed at creating a comfortable English-speaking environment and information support of international projects and events of ITMO University in all its activities.
A comfortable English-language environment allows staff, instructors and students of the University to participate in international projects both abroad and as part of ITMO’s own projects. Foreign students and specialists can quickly dive into projects and programs of the University.
External development is aimed at strengthening ITMO’s reputation as an international university in scientific, student and expert circles, in the media and on the web.
To follow these two directions of development, the staff of the Department:
- Develops and implements English Language proficiency programs for students, instructors and staff;
- Launches special courses and programs for improving professional communications in scientific and education environments;
- Creates English-language content about all University’s activities for print and advertisement as well as for foreign media and websites;
- Coordinates ITMO’s participation in international education, scientific and professional events and projects;
- Contributes to the work of all English-language web resources of the University: from planning and development to creating unique content;
- Establishes a comfortable information environment for foreign students, professors, instructors and visitors;
- Supports all other departments of ITMO University in their international activities: events, projects, exchange programs, proofreading, etc.;
- Constantly works on developing and launching new ideas and projects.
International Students Learning and Support Center facilitates a smooth transition for foreign students and scholars to the Russian education system, the ITMO campus and generally to life in Russia. It offers assistance with a variety of issues, ranging from housing, transportation and cultural differences to social activities and resources in the community.
It is also responsible for the Russian Foundation Program providing necessary skills to enter into Russian-taught Bachelor and Master Degree Programs.
It serves over 1,000 international students and scholars annually.
International Students Learning and Support Center
- Offers administrative support for admissions and education of foreign nationals
- Provides on-site services and assistance for helping international students and scholars to settle in
- Organizes Russian language courses and Preparatory Program for international students
- Collaborates with community resources to offer engagement for international students
- Conducting special recruiting programs to attract international students to ITMO University
- Conducting the application process, online and remote testing for prospective students
- Records data about current international students and graduates
Have a question? Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Office deals with different activities that have to do with the migration legislation, visa regulations, etc.
It's main areas of activity include:
- working with different categories of foreign citizens (delegations, students, trainees), so as to ensure the compliance with migration legislation of Russian Federation.
- migration registration of foreign citizens that are students of ITMO University;
- timely preparation of invitations for foreign citizens that come to Russia for purposes of studying, internships, participation in conferences, research workshops, participation in negotiations.
ITMO's Educational Language Center offers Basic and Advanced language courses in German, French, Chinese, Korean and Finnish, as well as preparatory courses in English, German and French for applicants to PhD programs and internships.
The center also trains Translators in the Field of Professional Communication (English, German, French, Russian).more
As part of its internationalization program, ITMO University is committed to the bilateral collaboration with China, Japan and South Korea.
In response to the rapidly developing university and education landscape in Asia, the IIDP Center for Asian Cooperation coordinates services designed for degree-level and doctoral students and scientific cooperation with key institutions in the Asia-Pacific region.
Center for Asian Cooperation plays a key role in promoting ITMO University research and education programs in Asia-Pacific countries, including participating in international exhibitions and organizing of promotional events, summer schools and short-term courses.
Coordinating and managing bilateral scientific, academic and cultural projects with experts and organizations of Asia-Pacific countries as well as identifying institutions in the region for new or intensified collaboration projects are important tasks of the Center.more
What is our goal:
Rankings Research Center (RRC) aims to raise the efficiency of ITMO University’s global positioning and to enhance its competitiveness among the world’s leading research and educational institutions.
What we do:
We develop targeted communications with the world’s leading rankings agencies - compilers of global and regional university rankings (QS, Times Higher Education, Thomson Reuters, U-Multirank etc.) to maximize ITMO University’s competitive position in the global research and educational market.
We initiate internal campaigns to collect and accumulate statistical data from ITMO University’s departments as well as from external stakeholders as we need this data to address it to rankings agencies. RRC is also involved in ITMO University’s strategic development initiatives: we collect data, analyze information and finalize reports for supervising institutions. In other words, we try to maximize data outputs in terms of quantity and quality.
We evaluate the external competitive environment of ITMO University and make the research and intelligence work in the field of rankings and their dynamics. On this basis we formulate the recommendations and proposals to increase the international positioning of ITMO University.
We continuously extend relationships with leading international associations (EAIE, NAFSA, APAIE, ACA) and major international think tanks of professionals committed to advancing international higher education for deeper integration of ITMO University into the global educational and research community.
Rankings Research Center Staffmore
The Department focuses on teaching foreign students interested in increasing their level of Russian. It's main areas of activity include:
- pre-training courses for foreign citizens who want to study in Russian Federation;
- training Bachelors, Masters and PhD students according to existing educational programs;
- developing new educational programs in Russian as a Foreign Language;
- participation in summer school programs;
- contributing to the social adjustment of foreign students and their integration into educational and cultural environment;
- scientific research in the field of linguistics, literature studies and Russian as Foreign Language Teaching Methodology