Graduates of the Software Development Department receive fundamental training in: mathematics, physics, electronics, modeling and design of communication systems, computer science and computational mathematics, theory of information and communication.
Within the professional cycle these subjects are educated to the students: the creation of software, databases, Web-programming, development of client and client-server applications, the architecture of communication systems, software engineering, information and communication systems on the Internet, network technology, network administration of Windows and UNIX.
Knowledge of graduates in demand in the areas of:
- Software development;
- Programming technologies;
- Developing Web-based applications: PHP, ASP;
- Programming languages: C++, C#, Java, PHP;
- Databases: Microsoft Access, SQL Server, Oracle;
- Network Administration: Windows, UNIX, Cisco;
- Network infrastructure and virtualization;
- Cloud technologies.
Employment of graduates:
- JSC "Petersburg Telephone Network";
- JSC "RIVC-Pulkovo";
- JSC "LENGIPROTRANS", LLC "Otis Elevator";
- St. Petersburg State Unitary Enterprise "Saint Petersburg Metro";
- JSC Savings Bank of the Russian Federation;
- LLC «Digital Design»;
- LLC "T-Systems SiAyEs" etc.
- Microsoft Partner Network Learning Partner;
- Novell Authorized Education Center;
- Cisco Networking Academy;
- Oracle Academy;
- Sun Java Academy;
- Prometric, VUE, Certiport.
Department has an Authorized Training Center for IT-technologies, where studentsare trained with the help ofthe latest products and technologies of the leading multinational companies: Microsoft, Novell, Oracle, Cisco, HP and others, with thepossibility of obtaining an international certificate.
Department incorporates highly qualified personnel,including:
- 5 PhD with academic rank of professor and associate professor;
- 4 senior teachers;
- 6 part-time staff, including PhDs, professional IT - specialists;
- 15 Certified trainers with Western firms Certifications: Microsoft, Oracle, Cisco, Novell.
Modern technical base, licensed software; specialized laboratories equipped with the necessary equipment and software; qualitative methodological support of educational programs; broad partnerships which significantly affect the competitive advantage of training.
We prepare qualified engineers in the field of software development of communication systems with new knowledge, ways of thinking and ability to adapt to modern conditions of labor.