Yuri Borisovich Porozov,
+7 (812) 458-91-98
+7 (931) 306-88-85
The Laboratory of Bio-Informatics was created in 2011 at the initiative of Yuri Porozov and with support of Head of Faculty of Infocommunication Technologies and ITMO's Rector.
The Laboratory's Goals
- creating the necessary conditions and providing the opportunity for conducting R&D in the laboratory's field of research;
- providing for the functioning of the research and educational processes at ITMO University in the laboratory's field of research;
- introduction of new informational technologies, modeling methods, educational courses and programs in the field of bioinformatics, mathematical modeling in biology and medicine, and biostatics into the educational process;
- conducting other activities in the field of innovations, development and introduction of research results;
- participation in projects funded by foreign and Russian sources: governmental, presidential, federal, grant, regional and other R&D programs and events.
Facts and Results
The Laboratory's team successfully participated in the Federal Targeted Programme's contests in 2012, 2013 (in collaboration with the High-Performance Computing Department), 2014 (in collaboration with the Computer Technology Department).
In 2014, the Laboratory initiated ITMO's participation in organizing and conducting the EUROQSAR 2014 symposium, which was a great success.
Since 2013, the Laboratory's staff have been involved in the goals for Project 5-100 (12 research articles and 1 conference proceedings were published, all indexed in Scopus).
The laboratory conducts work on the order of All-Russian Research Institute of Agricultural Microbiology.
In 2016, ITMO launched a new Double Degree program "Chemoinformatics and Molecular Modeling"; its participants conduct R&D projects on the Laboratory's base.
The Laboratory has 5 RIA certificates.
The Laboratory's staff consult and teach students and colleagues about different aspects of bioinformatics and mathematical biology.
The Laboratory works in close cooperation with their colleagues Department of Intelligent Technologies in Humanities, High-Performance Computing Department, the TROIKA Center, Department of IT in the Fuel and Energy Industry and the Bioengineering Research Institute, Department of Photonics and Optical Information Technologies.
Outside the University, the Laboratory collaborates with I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University, Institute of Biomedical Chemistry of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Volgograd State Medical University, laboratories in Israel, USA, Italy and South Korea.