Control of Complex Systems Department in partnership with Laboratory ‘Control of Complex Systems’ of Institute of Problems in Mechanical Engineering of Russian Academy of Sciences (IPME RAS) was established in 2014. The main mission of the Department lays in education and research in cybernetics and control systems.
Researches and faculty of the Department involve Master and Postgraduate students in collaborative research projects with the Control of Complex Systems Lab of IPME RAS.
Publication activity of the Department includes 20 articles published in 2014-2015 period in international journals with high citation index: Automatica, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, and 5 articles in Russia's leading journals: "Automation and Remote Control", "Journal of Computer and Systems Sciences International".
Researchers, faculty and staff of the Department presented their projects on international conferences
- IFAC World Congress on Automatic Control, (Cape Town, South Africa, 2014)
- · IEEE Multi-conference on Systems and Control (Antibes, France, 2014)
- European Control Conference (Strasbourg, France, 2014, Linz, Austria, 2015) and others.
- design of adaptive and robust control of complex systems
- design of control algorithms for mechanical, mechatronic and power systems.
Areas of IPME RAS research
- control of nonlinear oscillations and chaos
- control of network systems under information and computational constraints and applications to problems of control of multi-machine power systems, groups of unmanned aerial vehicles and mobile robots, mechatronic vibration equipment and neural network feedback control.
- Head of the Department, Dr. of Techn. Sc., Professor Alexander Fradkov
- Professor, Dr. of Techn. Sc., Associate Professor, Boris Andrievsky
- Professor, Dr. of Techn. Sc., Associate Professor, Igor Furtat
- Assistant, PhD in Techn. Sc., Maxim Dolgopolik
Department implements various international programs and joint research projects with partner universities and research centers, namely: LAAS-CNRS (Toulouse, France), INRIA Lille (France); Technical University of Berlin, Germany; Norwegian Technical National University, Trondheim, Norway; University of Illinois, USA. Results of the joint research were published in in collaboration with specialists from mentioned above partners.
Students of our Department have theoretical background and experience to be welcomed in research projects of cybernetics and controls of any Russian or foreign university or corporation.